Based on our many years of experience in the fields of disposal and repository technology, we are able to solve challenging tasks in the planning and realisation of special-purpose vehicles, special equipment, and monitoring or supply facilities. Our expertise covers all relevant systems and components of a repository.
Our expertise in the field of repository technology includes:
- Based on the repository design and the design requirements, we develop the systems and components of the necessary repository technology until they are ready for licensing.
- We demonstrate their technical feasibility and compliance with all safety requirements for their subsequent application in repository operations.
- We adapt mining or civil engineering components, such as shaft hoisting equipment as well as wheel-driven and rail-bound vehicles, to the special requirements of a repository.
- We also adapt control, supply, electrical, and monitoring systems accordingly.
- We develop new technical solutions for special disposal tasks; e.g., the emplacement of radioactive waste containers or the sealing of emplacement drifts and boreholes, and refine them until they are ready for licensing.
- We are also involved in the development of containers for the transport, interim storage, and disposal of radioactive materials.
- Support of BGE in the Konrad project
- Design of a HLW repository in bedded salt formations (R&D project KOSINA)
- Design of a HLW repository in clay formations (R&D projects ERATO and ANSICHT)
- Development of a repository concept for heat-generating radioactive waste in German crystalline formations (R&D project KONEKD)
- Preliminary safety analysis of the Gorleben site (VSG)
- Feasibility studies for repository concepts in Belgium, Bulgaria and Irak